The last two-week period has been the longest stretch between actions for this president. Today for the first time since June 1, several actions have been posted on the White House website. Three are dated yesterday (June 13) and two are dated today.
The first three are routine memoranda extending decisions made by previous presidents.
Those dated today include the standard proclamation of Flag Day and Flag Week.
Dated June 13, 2017:
- Text of a Letter from the President to the Congress of the United States
- Text of a Letter from the President to the Chairman and Ranking Member of the House Committee on Financial Services, and the Chairman and Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Presidential Memorandum for the Secretary of Defense
Dated June 14, 2017:
- Presidential Memorandum for the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Director of National Intelligence
- This memorandum addresses the “travel ban” injunctions by various courts, requiring an adjustment in the effective date for implementation.
- Following is the gist: “…the effective date of each enjoined provision to be the date and time at which the referenced injunctions are lifted or stayed with respect to that provision. To the extent it is necessary, this memorandum should be construed to amend the Executive Order.”
- President Donald J. Trump Proclaims June 14, 2017, as Flag Day, and this week as National Flag Week